Friday, January 30, 2009

A Great Big Sister

Rebecca got glasses yesterday. As soon as I can I will post a picture because they really are cute. However, upon getting them yesterday she was a little nervous about how people would react to her. Ryan and I told her we really liked them as did her friend Grace, but Rebecca was holding out for Reagan's opinion. Reagan doesn't always do any kind of change very well. So I was a little nervous. When Rea came home she just looked at Rebecca and went on about her afternoon. Now she was in a pretty big hurry because the boy across the street wanted to play but Reagan had to do her homework first and then she got invited to stay for dinner. Rebecca confided in me that she thought maybe Reagan didn't like them or perhaps she was mad because she didn't say anything about her glasses. When Reagan got home I took her on the side and asked her if she could say something to Bec about her glasses. I told her Becca thought she didn't like them. Reagan was surprised at this and promptly went over to Rebecca. I expected her to just say, "I like your glasses." Instead she said, "Hey Rebecca, what color are your glasses?" Rebecca perked right up and said, "they are purple but look here, on the inside they have flowers." Reagan replies, "Wow that's really cool and I think you look beautiful with them on! You picked out a great pair of glasses they look really good!" With that Rebecca invited Reagan to come upstairs and see her case and cleaning stuff. Reagan ran up with her chatting with real excitement for her sister. These are the moments that fill my heart. The glimpses that show they do love each other and they are getting it. I am really proud of both of them, but this particular night I have to say Reagan stole my heart with her tenderness and excitement for her sister. Way to go!!

No comments: