Tuesday, January 13, 2009

I already did that!

What is it about children and the fact that they must think I live to irritate them? In their world I make requests just simply to annoy and not because it needs to be done. Now here is reality. I walk past a sink and see a glob of toothpaste in it. Hmm...last one in the bathroom...Reagan. "Reagan please rinse the toothpaste down the sink when you are finished." (yes I am that nice the first time!!LOL)to this she replies, "I already did that." really? because there is still a glob of toothpaste in the sink. Or Rebecca put away your clean clothes that are in the basket in your room. "I already did that, mom." Now I don't know if it is some kind of time warp or if they think that because they did it yesterday or last week it stays done for a lifetime or what. Actually how GREAT would that be?? Do the dishes once and NEVER have to do them again or the beast I call laundry. Wow. But then again I'd be out of a job and have to get a "real" job and, well, who wants to do that?? LOL I guess for now I will continue to make requests and they will continue to think I just pull this stuff out of thin air. I know one day, because my parents get to do it, it will come back around and I will laugh to myself because they will have children one day. What a comforting thought that is!

No comments: