Tuesday, January 27, 2009

It's A Party in There

I read an article the other day about a Mom who was frustrated with the progress her three year old son was making with potty training. So every time she went to the bathroom she acted like she was having the best time ever!! After a few short weeks of being told he was too young to participate in the fun, and that only big boys who use the potty can join in, the little boy began using the potty. After 8 1/2 years of changing diapers, I am ready for everyone to be potty trained. I thought I like to have a good time so this sounds like the key for me and Ryan. The only thing missing in my bathroom going was the martini. I made it sound like it was so much fun in there. Ron did the same thing, although only once. I think he ran out of songs to sing. LOL Anyway, Ryan says...mommy I want to use the potty. I almost fell off my chair, after all it had only been a couple of days. Into the bathroom we go and he sits down and he gets this look on his face...what is that look...disappointment. This is NOT fun, it is NOT a party. And with the understanding that he had been duped he said, "All done." and got off the potty never to return. I guess I should be thankful that he is discerning enough to know when something is actually fun and not just go along because someone else thought it was great. On the other hand...darn. Who knows how long this will take. If I had another hand, I would put there the comforting fact that this is the last time I have to potty train someone. So remember the next time you are in the bathroom and it is not a party, that Ryan agrees there is nothing fun about using the potty!!

No comments: