Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Interesting Warnings

So Ryan and I went out "grocery" shopping this morning. As of last week both my blow dryer and curling iron died. Of course not on the same day so I replaced the blow dryer and today got my new curling iron. Here is what is interesting on the cord there is a huge tag that reads: "Warning, Burn Hazard, keep away from children." really?? It could get hot? On the flip side it says: "Caution, this product can burn eyes" Did someone try to curl their eye lashes with a 1 1/4" curling iron?? Wait it gets better. We all know why these are here, it's because someone did it to themselves and now they feel the need to warn the public. Here's a few more from this instruction booklet: 1. Never use while sleeping...how is this accomplished? Is it a sleep walking hairstylist? Were they using it in place of a teddy bear?
2. Never drop or insert any object into any opening or hose. Maybe I should highlight this one for my children, but I honestly have no idea what a person would want to put into that tiny hole. 3. Do not use outdoors or operate where aerosol (spray) products are being used or where oxygen is being administered. Now I do use aerosol hairspray, perhaps I will use the other bathroom so I don't explode or something! 4. This curling iron and clip are hot when in use. (duh)Do not let eyes or bare skin touch heated surfaces. (again with the eyes). 5. Do not use while in the shower. So ladies apparently the new trend is to try to curl your hair while you sleep, shower or to burn your eyes out. Be careful out there these are very dangerous objects! Oh and by the way...they get hot! LOL

No comments: