Wednesday, May 7, 2008

The Haircut

Ryan was starting to look like a crazy man. In an effort to put on some front of having it together, I decide to give him a haircut. I have taken on this task because the thought of the screaming and carrying on that would happen in public just wasn't enticing enough for me. My plan was to mimic the kiddie hair cut places, so I put him in front of a mirror, gave him a balloon (which only got in the way) and set him up with some toys. Perfect. Let's begin. Thankfully baby hair is very forgiving because upon my first cut I started to get nervous. Now mind you, he's not just sitting there. He's putting his hands in his hair yelling, "NO MOMMY, NO!" Well, finally he started to relax. A few lessons were, don't actually touch him with the scissors and go really fast and hope it doesn't look like he did it himself. It was going quite well and then it happened...No, I didn't cut him, but thanks for the vote of confidence...Hair landed on his arm. The shrieks of terror that came from him caused me to double check and make sure my scissors weren't dripping acid. No...just hair. So I brushed it off and he calmed down. I always imagined my son would be way more rational than my two daughters, but that thought quickly faded as some hair dropped on his pant leg and he went off the deep end again. My 4 year old yells from her room, "Mommy, what are you doing to Ryan?" "Just cutting his hair, honey, go back to sleep!" Just cutting his hair...yeah...next time I think I need to use clippers...oh...and a cape!

2 comments:

nonapearl said...

just think, if we were still neighbors we might have seen this happen! =) Remember those silly binoculars... LOL.

Love ya friend - I'm so glad you have a blog. Just one more way to spy, uh i mean, enjoy being part of your life.

Chrissy said...

ROFLMAO!!!! Josh's first haircut (and pretty much every subsequent one) has been much the same. Though we DO use clippers. He cries the whole time and says it hurts, though we haven't figured out just HOW it could hurt.