Wednesday, May 28, 2008

The Dream

I had a dream early this morning. It was so real that I woke up because I was crying in real life. I dreamed that Ron was going to die, and then in the dream he did for a moment and then came back to me. Needless to say when you wake up like that, I was a little emotional! Ron was out of town, so he called me a few minutes later and asked me how I slept. Well after I said fine, I started crying all over again. It's weird how something as simple as a dream can remind you how precious someone is to you. I found myself thinking differently of my husband, my children, my friends and my extended family. I sometimes forget how precious life is and that it's not a sure bet. My dream helped me realize how important it is to let the little stuff go and make sure that my days and activities count. I was thinking of all of the things that get me in a crazy state of mind...3 red lights in a row, being a couple of minutes late for something, the person in front of me driving the speed limit or heaven forbid UNDER??!! Funny these are all driving things...maybe I have road rage...LOL..thanks Seattle!! I was fine before I lived there. Anyway, the list goes on...missing the bus, looking for lost items that should have been put away, cleaning under my kitchen table every day after every meal. When I really think about the big picture, I think I will be embarrassed when God asks me, "why did you yell about this or that?" "why did that make you so angry...the light is like a minute long?" See, when you look at it that way all the things in life that make us act like crazy people are just silly. I sit here today telling myself I will NOT get upset about little things, but I know come tomorrow morning when the clock seems to tick louder and louder and the time comes for us to leave...I will start to feel the stress. I guess my job tomorrow is to choose to handle it in a way that makes me proud of myself at the end of the day...just in case it's the last one I get! How's that for a profound yet morbid way to end this post? I promise something funny will happen around here soon...I can feel it... I WILL make you all laugh again...promise!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I hate when I have those weird dreams but remember always something my grandma used to tell me.... REVERSE your dreams. If you dream of snakes then a fuzzy warm snuggly puppy will come in your life. If you dream of death then a birth is eminant. Dunno how much it is true but it sure makes me feel better.....lol. Oh and the good dreams DON'T get reversed!