Tuesday, May 27, 2008

The Cake



I have decided to add another thing to my life resume and that is cake decorating! My friend and I are just finishing up our level one classes. Unfortunately Ron has to be out of town tonight and I cannot get a babysitter, so I had to do mine at home and just take it in to show it. I am super happy with how it turned out and I hope they offer the next set of classes soon! I did learn on my roses that sometimes shortcuts aren't always best. The teacher told us we didn't need to bother using a second tip for the base of the rose so I followed her advise. I was getting really frustrated though because my flowers kept tipping over while I was assembling them. I tried doing what the book said...the long way...and that's just what I needed to get it right...or at least close to right. I am actually finding the roses easier than this twist flower thing...I didn't take a picture of that because they just look like blobs. Anyway, here is a picture of my final project!

1 comment:

Tiphanie said...

Ok,amazing rose maker :) Class 2 starts next Tues!!! See you there!