Saturday, May 24, 2008

The Graduate


Rebecca graduated from Preschool on Thursday. She is on to Kindergarten in the fall which will be yet another opportunity for me to hold in my tears until I get to the parking lot! It's amazing how one ceremony can change your perspective. Going into the week she was my little four year old preschooler and a piece of paper and a hug later I'm looking at my future kindergartner! What made this day even more special was that we got to share it with Nana and Pop Pop who drove 2 1/2 hours to see the five minute ceremony. How great are they?? It sure meant a lot to Rebecca and me for that matter! Rebecca learned today that goodbyes are bitter sweet. She was so sad to say goodbye to her teachers, but the promise of something new was exciting to her as well. I can't get over how fast they grow and how quickly she will be grown and gone. OY, I can't even think about that as I am on the verge of tears again. I just have to end by saying I am so blessed to have all of my children, but since this is about Rebecca, I am blessed to have her! She brings so much laughter and joy to my life. I love how her big blue eyes get even bigger when she tries to explain something to me. I even love how passionate she is about everything that she does. It's these few moments with her each day that I treasure. I couldn't thank God enough for picking out Rebecca for our family, or thank Ron enough that his hard work enables me to stay home and be apart of every aspect of our children's lives. It really goes by in a blink but I am so grateful that I get to take so much of it in! Getting to be "just mom" is the most fantastic thing I could ever do with my life. Thank you, Rebecca for being the most spectacular preschool graduate a mom could ask for...I love You!

No comments: