Sunday, July 19, 2009

The Franklin Institute

We went out to Philly yesterday and took the kids to the Franklin Institute. It was a great time although a little overwhelming. Ron was excited as he relayed memories from his childhood and ran right to the big heart that you can walk through. I am quite sure the kids learned nothing as they were so excited to just try everything that they didn't stop to read directions or to see what they were looking for. Turns out for an extra $27 we could get a year membership. So we did figuring that we would like to go back again. Next time we will have some questions for the kids to answer so it's more productive. We sure had a fun day though and everyone did really well while we were there. We enjoyed and under the sea movie at the Imax which totally freaked Ryan out at first, but he got used to it. Of course there were strange sea creatures mating, although discretely it was enough to start, "what are they doing?" questions. Then there were preying/eating scenes those are always a crowd pleaser for my animal lovers! Lastly I thought Ron was going to fog up the giant screen with his sighs as they preached about global warming and how we are destroying everything. I had to play devils advocate and ask if he's ever been deep sea diving and if not then how does he know it's not true. That sigh did fog up my glasses! LOL Anyway I used this opportunity to complete a photography assignment and I am in the "my photos are worse before they are better" place. Here are the few that turned out. I won't tell you whats wrong with them so you can just enjoy!!

Ron and Ryan building moon cars.

Rebecca building a moon car

Ben Franklin

Reagan watching an open heart surgery

No comments: