Friday, July 10, 2009

Point of View

I am taking a photography class. I must admit I am already behind, but am hoping to learn a lot as I catch up. What I am concentrating on in these pictures is view point or perspective. Perspective can change your subject from being a portrait to telling a story or the other way around. Last night before bed I took these pictures just to see if what I am learning is true. You'll have to forgive the quality of some of the pictures because I am still learning to manually focus my pictures, but I think you'll see what I am talking about.






As I was looking at these photos and how the look of the same exact moment changes with perspective, I of course got to thinking. I was thinking how important the people around us and, more importantly, God is in our lives. Each day we walk through life and if we only ever see our circumstances through our view point, we seriously lack information. However, when we can talk with those around us and pray to the God who sees and knows all...how very different and well rounded our view becomes. Just like in these pictures, each angle tells a different story. If I hadn't laid on the floor, I wouldn't have gotten to see what this shot looks like with me below Reagan. It's my favorite shot. Well except for the terrible reflection in the glass of the fire place. We all need people to be a witness to our lives. People who will stop and say, "wait a minute let's look at this, or think about it that way." Everyone has a different perspective on so many different issues of life. I think we lose out if we don't seek them out on occasion. For a particularly fun perspective ask a child. They really see life in an unique and fun way!!

No comments: