Thursday, July 16, 2009

Is it needed?

Rebecca is in a place of quoting movies. The only problem is she integrates them right into her sentences so you think she is mouthing off. For an example, the other day the girls had done the dishes and a few hours later there were more to pick up. So I call Rebecca into the room and ask her to clear the table and she says, " I just cleaned up this mess, can't we keep it that way for more than ten minutes?" Shocked and somewhat irritated I ask her to please repeat what she just said. Sensing that she just entered a dangerous area she says, "you know Mom, like Mr. Incredible says, I just cleaned up this mess...I thought it would be funny." Oh well, yeah it's kind of funny when one is informed that movies are being quoted. So this morning, I have no idea what she did but Ron asks Rebecca..."Is there a brain in your head?" and without missing a beat she comes back with a Monsters vs Aliens quote and says, "Turns out you don't really need one!" LOL I waited and then there is was, the pause and then the "What?!" from Ron. This gave us all a pretty good laugh. I've said it before and I will say it again, "she's lucky she's cute!!"

No comments: