Wednesday, January 13, 2010

So Much for Everyday!!

Ugh. I cannot believe that in less than a month I have not kept this resolution!! I guess I just don't have quite that much material yet. Over the last few days I have learned another not so great thing about myself. I am super competitive, but only with Ron it seems. Here is some background. We got a Wii for Christmas. Ron and I play tennis almost every day. He beats me almost every time and somewhere around game three there is mild cursing and the need to take a deep cleansing and calming breath while I repeat..."this is only a game." We play together against the computer and I am just fine. When Ron becomes my opponent I play as if millions are on the line and I might lose a sponsor if I don't win. I have decided that this very game is perfect grounds for me to learn patience and grace when I don't get my way. It's also an excellent time for me to control my ever challenging tongue and learn new words instead of those stinky bad ones. I am getting better albeit very slowly. Turns out that if I talk myself into a calm place I don't get to the cursing, yelling part. Who knows maybe this stupid game will help me achieve the calm filled with grace person I have always wanted to be. It certainly doesn't hurt to follow the tennis matches with baseball in which I slaughter Ron's team every time. Ah yes...that is wonderful. Good thing Ron loves me and doesn't take it personal win I cheer and dance when I win a match!!!

No comments: