Sunday, January 24, 2010

Most Polite

Ron and I dropped Ryan off at school the other day and his teacher called us to the side. As we stood there and waited to talk to her I ran through the possibilities of things she could want to talk about. None of them were particularly good and I was inventing ways of answering her. Much to my surprise the teacher said, "Ryan is the most polite child I have EVER encountered!" She mentioned how children is age tend to bump into a person and just keep walking, but Ryan always says, "excuse me" and "Sorry Miss Lyn." So we were instructed to keep doing whatever it is that we are doing because it's working and he is a joy to have in class. Ron and I just looked at each other and said, "thank you, we will." We were overwhelmed by such a nice compliment that really falls to Ryan for remembering his manners. Then we laughed in car assuming that today would probably Ryan's rudest day ever. That was not in fact the case and so we give Ryan a hand for being super polite!

I was trying to figure out what makes him/them so polite and the only thing I can think of is that we are polite to him. I do think some it has to do with personality, but we do make sure he uses his manners. I imagine this is surely a case of what you put in you get out. Needless to say we are super proud of Ryan!!

No comments: