Friday, January 8, 2010

My Dad


Today's blog is because I miss my Dad. I love the way he interacts with my children. I appreciate how generous he is with time and sometimes money too!! I love when he lets me see his soft side and makes me laugh when he acts all tough. I love that even though his body sometimes screams sixty something, his heart is my age. I love that even though life has been hard and unfair, he still loves Jesus as though it has been perfect. I love that thinking about him makes me smile. I love that God has given me the best Dad a kid could get. I love that because of my dad me and my family love and serve God and therefore have the best life ever. So Dad...thanks. Thanks for everything. The good times, the not so good times, the mistakes and the successes. It's because of you that I am who I am. I am blessed and grateful that you are mine. I love you...

3 comments:

Sarah said...

I miss your dad too!!!

Anonymous said...

I am at a total loss for words. I have always felt that as a father I was a loser. Nothing seemed to go right. The "vacation" we took up north was a disaster, any devotions same outcome. The best thing that I see is that all of my children are serving and walking with the Lord. Love ya dad

Gina said...

The devotions I remember best are the ones that followed the Bible format...they were done at the dinner table, while we were walking along the way...when we were just together and a moment to learn came up. Those you did amazing...those are the ones that count. As for vacations...the "disasters" are the ones we remember fondly!! You are never allowed to feel like a loser again...you have done well...at least I think I am pretty great...lol