Monday, November 24, 2008

It's My Gift!!


Reagan is a funny girl. Yesterday I took a step back and realized that she has a wonderful sense of humor. More often than not I am all caught up in making sure that she is using manners and being respectful. I am not saying that's bad, but too often I worry about what other people are thinking about her behavior and I miss those moments that make up my daughters personality. She is a beautiful and fun girl. I have never seen anyone be able to make EVERYTHING a game. Sometimes she takes it too far and I get frustrated and question, "Why can't you calm down?" and her response is, "I thought everyone was having so much fun, I didn't want to ruin that." It's amazing what we learn when we actually listen for a different perspective on the same situation. We had company Saturday night and while I was thinking that this man must think our children are hyper-spazes who don't listen, He ended the night by saying, "I am not sure the last time I have seen my son have so much fun!" Wow, what a compliment and all that praise goes right to Reagan, the creator of all things fun. I need to loosen up. Yesterday while Nana and PopPop were over we were all at the table and Reagan had something that made us all laugh. Nana told her she was so funny and Reagan, without missing a beat says, "well what can I say, It's my gift!!" We all laughed some more. She does have a gift. She brings joy and love to the lives of everyone she knows. I still have people, from a group we were involved with last year, still come up to me and tell me how much they miss Reagan's hugs. She has a sense about her and she knows when someone just needs unconditional love. She does have a gift and I am blessed to witness this gift bloom. I see a good many years when I will hold my breath hoping she doesn't cross a line, and being grateful when words escape her, but for the most part I will begin to just enjoy the gift that has been given to me...Reagan

No comments: