Tuesday, November 18, 2008

God's Favorite Prayer?


Tonight before bed I was praying with Rebecca. I took a turn, she took a turn. Somewhere in between hoping that God and Jesus had a great day she says this, "God, do you know what I learned today? I learned a song about letters and it went like this..." and she sang the song and told Him how she hadn't heard it before. It wasn't some save the world prayer, but a prayer that I believe embodies what Jesus meant when He said we were to have child like faith. In that moment she spoke to God as if she were talking to someone familiar. Like you would if a grandparent called and asked, "what did you do today?" My heart is just overwhelmed because my daughter is learning that God does in fact "want to know what she learned today." He is a God of relationship not just religious actions. Tonight I got to see first hand a miracle of faith as I peeked at my daughter while she spoke to her Heavenly Father. I know God tells us to come to Him with our petitions, but I bet He especially loves when we come and say, "Guess what I learned today..."

1 comment:

nonapearl said...

This is beautiful!

sniff, sniff...

=) N