Thursday, October 20, 2011

Rusty

I do try to love our dog. However, it seems that every time I start to feel a smidgen of affection for him, he does something that takes us all the way back to square one! Lately he has a fascination for the dining room table. If you leave a chair not pushed in, he feels it's OK to climb up and lay on the table! Why oh why  he does that, I will never know!! It's not like it's in the sun or super comfy, I am pretty sure its just to irritate me. When I came home one day I found him on the dining room table and he had the nerve to just look at me and lay his head back down!! It was as if he thought this was the most natural thing in the world! For a split second I thought maybe he was sick and  that was the explanation for this strange behavior, and then it became apparent he was fine.

So now I do my best to make sure the chairs are pushed in because nothing grosses me out more than the thought of dog butt on my table. However, today I was less vigilant. Not only did I forget to push my chair in on my way out the door, but I left my full coffee on the table. When I returned home 10 minutes later, Rusty was in his usual spot on the stairs without a care in the world. I didn't think anything of it until Reagan asked why coffee drops were splashed all over the table. That dang dog DRANK MY COFFEE!! He didn't spill it, just drank it right out of the cup and then got down...boy is he lucky I didn't take a sip...just the thought grosses me out!!

Now I am waiting for the caffeine to kick in and see him become a maniac. The kids of course got a good giggle out of it, and deep down it is kind of funny. It's just nice to know that the dog has jumped on the band wagon with the kids in an effort to truly make me insane!!

1 comment:

Tiphanie said...

May I suggest a shock collar... that little device has made me fall in love with our dog... except when we aren't home and I forget to close my bedroom door and come home to bathroom trash on the floor... ya, I don't have to tell you how gross that one is...