Saturday, October 15, 2011

College Algebra

I should be working on my math right now. I hate this class...no I loathe it with a passion I never thought possible for a subject of study. Yet this class holds me over a barrel because I need an A in it to get my 15 points toward my program. How nice it would be to just not care and do just enough to get through it. At this point, if I didn't need the A I would be perfectly content throwing my money away and not learning a darn thing!! I know, it's a tremendous work ethic I am showing here, but alas it is the ugly truth.

I am a "look at the bright side of things", kind of person, but I am struggling to find a bright side to this class. So far all I have come up with is the stress forces me to exercise...that's good. It helps me fully remember that when my children hate their homework and think it's stupid, I have no soapbox to stand on, no sermon to deliver, because I too think it IS stupid sometimes, And that provides entertainment as I let Ron deliver the "why homework is great speech" to all 4 of us as we sit at the homework table together...in misery. I have a feeling this class might get me to blog again, as blogging is like some kind of therapy!

So back to the books I must go. Perhaps if I get through this class ( I am half way) and I happen to achieve that A...I might just need to buy myself something sparkly!! In the mean time, I will try to forget how many hours of my precious life I am wasting learning how to graph -2(x+1)-4 because I'm super sure I am going to use THAT skill again...ugh!

1 comment:

Tiphanie said...

YEAH!!!! You are back to blogging, and yes, you made me laugh!!! :) Miss you like crazy!