Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Where is Your Treasure?

My son is not a treasure hunter, but one who apparently stores his treasures. Now the child has never seen an Indiana Jones movie so I am not sure how he knew to "bury" it in "sand" but nonetheless he did. Here is my young "Indy."
Seeing his moment while I was cooking dinner and daddy was upstairs, he went into the cupboard. Now it is a running joke at my house that the cabinets are NOT locked because I keep telling Ron this is a phase and he's almost through it. Now in my defense, he hasn't gone in the cupboards in a couple of months. ANYWAY, he took out a container of bread crumbs. Not the one with a few in the bottom, but the full one I just opened. He takes it into the sitting room, opens his secret vault (aka the heat vent) and pours it in!
Every last crumb. It's as if the container never housed bread crumbs, it was so clean! I come around the corner to check on him, a little late as you can see, and here he is digging in his new "idea."
Of course I grab my camera because I knew you'd want to see. I call Ron and ask him to get the vacuum because I am busy "cooking." In goes the vacuum, out comes several cups of bread crumbs, a small cup and a shoe.
That shoe is too small so I guess it is a keepsake now. Ryan was quite proud of himself until we started to excavate his treasure..then he got mad. Hopefully he'll discover it is better to hunt treasure, than to bury it!!

No comments: