Monday, November 8, 2010

It's Official

After a year or so of thinking about it, I have finally made the plunge...back to school I go! I have taken my placement test...which can I say after this many years was quite challenging. Turns out I didn't need to take the English part so that was just bonus fun. It has been way too long since i have done algebra so I get to take two extra classes there. That alone is super exciting...not so much. Anyway, I met with my advisor and we have a plan. Somewhere in the spring of 2015 I will have a degree in Diagnostic Medical Sonography...Ultrasound Tech really. I knew I wanted to do something in Health care but Nursing has never felt like the right fit. A year and a half ago I talked with my sister in law and she suggested Ultrasound. Once we started looking into the job itself, I thought that it would be a really good fit for me. So here I go on a new journey. Ron is excited for me, the kids are happy I will be sitting at the homework table too, and for me it feels nice to have some direction. We knew with college expenses at some point I would have to work, this will be completed in enough time for us to save a bit and then not stress when it all begins. I am sure as the kids get older too they will much appreciate me having something more to do than "hover" over them...don't tell them but I can totally do both!!

1 comment:

Tiphanie said...

Girl, I hope you are writing a book!! That made me cry and smile at the same time!