Friday, November 19, 2010

Expert

I have become an expert time waster. Of this I am not proud, but it is in fact true. I am pretty sure all I have accomplished today is starting many, many projects I don't have time to finish before Tuesday. The one thing I really needed to accomplish, I have yet to begin. Of course it's a creative sort of thing and I am feeling anything but creative lately. What's weird is that I have been very focused lately and it seems that once I signed up for college classes it has all gone to pieces. All I can assume is that in the back of my mind, I am aware that I am going to have to be organized and intentional every day once I begin, so I am slacking now. Or what if...gasp...this is some sort of random test to see if I can in fact do all I want to do? All I know right now, is you will have something to read because I am, again wasting some precious time. I do have a plan though. In the next 15 minutes I will begin. It starts with a timer and I will probably accomplish more in that one hour than I have all day! I think it is very clear right now that I don't have much to say. Well, I suppose if you are reading this, you too are in fact wasting time so at least I am in good company! I will end with a poem that I wrote for my friend. I am quite happy with the way it turned out...it was inspired by a true story...LOL

Beauty in the Broken


We walked along the beach today

A place I know so well

I thought that I had taught you

How to find the perfect shell


Edges that are smooth and round

Color perfect too

All the shells with cracks and breaks

Just would not do


With all your gleeful sighs

You must have found the one

Imagine my surprise

When I’d seen what you had done


Gathered in your tiny hand

Broken shells did lay

There was such joy in your eyes

What could I say?


You showed me all the beauty

That was in your hand

Unique shape, size, and color

Just lying in the sand


I always just walk by the broken

Without a second glance

But when you picked up a broken shell

You saw a second chance


No wonder He says, “Be like a child”

Because they know His heart

He searches for the beauty in the broken

To give a brand new start

1 comment:

Tiphanie said...

I love it when you are wasting time, it totally entertained me while I wasted time myself :) I have every confidence that you will indeed accomplish all you need to when you really need to.. after all we procrastinators work best under pressure!! Love ya