Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Hives

I have them. I hate them. They refuse to go away. Worst of all I have no idea why I have them. All I know is that I am taking everything the doctor said to take and still nothing helps. Perhaps I am allergic to relaxing because as soon as I sit down and just relax for a second they pop out with a vengeance. I must admit I am getting pretty good at functioning in this haze of allergy fighting medicines. Every morning I have a benedryl hangover and all through the day I fight the urge to just close my eyes for a minute. I am getting a good amount of pity from my children though and that's always nice. I am bummed however because I have been taking St.Johns Wort and Gingko Baloba for almost two months and have been feeling great and the Doc made me stop taking it. I had fallen short on taking it the last several days so I really doubt that is what this is all about. Nonetheless I am trying to do it all right in hope that I might find sweet release from the itching!! I have to wonder though if by taking the Wort and then sitting in the sun for two hours watching Bec play soccer, if that's what triggered this whole thing...is that possible? I may never know, but what I do know is that hives are evil and I can't wait to get rid of them. I took the max dose of Benedryl so I will either get some sweet relief or it will go the other way and I will have enough nervous energy to finish cleaning up the basement. Pray for me...oh how I want to scratch!!

No comments: