Thursday, June 10, 2010

Amazing Changes

Rebecca has grown so much this school year I can hardly believe she is the same girl! She began the school year quiet and withdrawn, afraid to eat in the lunch room and never raised her hand. Fast forward several months and here we find a happy, confident girl who is willing to not only eat in the lunch room but buy her lunch. She encourages others to work through their fears and is talkative and reads books in front of her class. Rebecca is smart and intentional about every thing that she does. When she sets her mind to a project she works at it until she gets it and she usually gets it fast. She learned to ride her bike in two days and by the end of a week a girl who could not swim was jumping into the deep end and swimming to the edge alone. She amazes me and makes me believe that the things I have been to afraid to try are actually within my reach if I but take the first step. A few days back I posted about courage, well here are the photos to show that Rebecca was indeed courageous and it paid off big!









No comments: