Thursday, June 11, 2009

One Thing Is True

A man I've only met through family stories lies dying in a bed while his parents grieve outside his room. A family member is in the hospital cheating a situation that normally would take a life. A friend has had an adoption fall through for the second time and is grieving that loss. Jobs are lost, health fails, wombs are closed. All of these people have one thing in common, they are good people. Great people, in fact, and the rest of us that are supporting them are wondering why this is happening. I have no great answer. I wish I did. Most of us automatically blame God for being cruel or unkind. We expect that if we are good by our standards that nothing should ever go wrong, nothing should hurt and nothing should be taken from us. The fact is that God only promised that when everything fell, we'd be held. That's from a song I've heard. Most of can't see it in these situations and I guess that is where faith comes in to play. Faith that resounds in our hearts and minds that says, " I choose to believe that God is most definitely Good and He is Good ALL of the time." We may never get the answers we seek on this side of life, but God also says that He has a plan and a purpose for our lives. That His ways are not our ways and they are Higher than our ways. He also said that He has sent His Holy Spirit as our Comforter. I encourage all of you who are having things around you fall apart, let Him hold you. Ask for the grace and the love of the Comforter and He will most certainly run to your side. We may not get our "Whys?" answered, but we can choose to trust that God is aware of the details of our lives and He is there if we but choose to seek Him when we hurt.

1 comment:

Jessica Hall said...

That was good Gina! Do you know that we actually had some pastor visit us when Drew was in the hospital a few years ago and told me that Drew wasn't being healed because of a lack of faith on the part of Chris & I?! I couldn't accept that God would choose to not heal Drew from the pain and suffering he was enduring because of us. God IS good. ALL the time!