Thursday, August 7, 2008

Rude Awakening!!

My girls have been involved in Vacation Bible School all week. It has been great fun! Unlike most VBS groups ours is at night. I pick up the girls at 8:40PM which means they get to bed around 10PM. That also means ZERO down time for me. Well it all started to catch up yesterday. Ron and I spent a good portion of the day building the shed so by 10PM I was tired! I am sure I fell right to sleep. Did I mention that earlier in the day, Ryan was ALONE in my bedroom??? Somewhere around 11:30 or Midnight TWO alarm clocks start going off! Not quietly, but blaring loud. Since it's dark and my faculties aren't in high function I am fumbling around trying to find the dang off button. Once found I pushed it and nothing happened. Now I get to assault yet another of my senses and flip on the bright bedroom light. I am already aware that my mouth is going to get me a session of repentance with God, so I take little heed to the words coming from my mouth at this point. Frustrated I just start pulling plugs from the outlet. On try number THREE (how much crap do we have plugged in and does it go to anything???) one obnoxious buzzer stops and then, thank the Lord, the other goes off too. Take a guess at how long it took me to fall asleep after that?? Oh, yes a good hour or two!! Needless to say my door is closed this morning. God help me when Ryan figures out how to open the doors!! I am sure you are all wondering why we have two alarm clocks? Well shortly after Ron started his new position the one alarm clock decided to not go off and he was almost late for his first day of opening the store. So as extra insurance we brought in the other. It was my son who really wants to fly across the room with a bolt of electricity that plugged the other in and so sweetly set BOTH alarms. He's lucky he's cute!!

No comments: