Saturday, November 5, 2011

Pony Rides

Today my dear friend Chrissy invited us out to a fund raiser at a barn called Trails and Tails. There they had pony/horse rides for the kids and a bon-fire for us to keep warm. Turns out the fire is a double edged sword because although it is toasty while you stand by it, once you walk away the cold feels colder!! At any rate, it was fun to spend some time together. Ryan had a small melt down and Abby bit into a piece of gum and pulled her tooth out! Other than that it was a super fun morning...
Rebecca on the pony! She totally wants riding lessons now...her Aunts will be so happy.

Ryan on the horse. After a few rides he was telling the lady he could do it himself!
Thankfully she has rules to follow and that wasn't an option.

Chrissy and Abby having some fun together...before the tooth incident!

Abby with her fabulous "I love horses" face paint, taking a lap!

Reagan, who although can completely hold her own on a horse, would rather be lead around than not get to ride at all!

The super cool thing about this barn is that their lessons are super affordable. We are hoping in the spring to be able to let both girls take lessons. It was a really fun morning and I am so glad we went. Now I must get back to my homework. The kids are busy so I might actually be able to get through one of these half page math problems without someone interrupting me! Ron is watching TV with the headphones on and he keeps laughing. Every now and then I shoot angry, jealous eyes at the back of his head...stupid math.

No comments: