Sunday, July 11, 2010

Summer

What is summer? Summer can be defined as endless days of trying to figure out what to do! Around here it consists of learning life skills like how to get along with people you don't like, how to continue to use a glass for wine when the day calls for just the bottle and a straw. We are learning to play with our gazillion toys because the Mom has threatened to throw them all out if one more person even suggests they have nothing to do. We are learning that a house that is 80 degrees is so very much cooler than a backyard that is 102. My children are learning that as their mother I have endless lists of chores and if they are going to complain about doing one chore I will surely have additional things they can do. They learned that one super fast. I think that all of this free time searching for people we want to be with, activities we want to do and try to not waste entire days, gives us all a love for school and the routine it brings. All in all this summer has been great so far. Knock on wood the girls took my threat of their world caving in to heart and have stopped bickering. They also found that as they try to be less selfish they are having more fun together. As for me, a little work and a little play seems to be how I will have a good day! Look a rhymer. Summer, yes endless days of trying to figure out what to do...how far will our imaginations take us? I have no idea but I do wonder how many bottles of Mike's Hard Lemonade can be in the recycle before people start to think you have a problem?

2 comments:

Tiphanie said...

That made me seriously laugh!!! You should try moving, it fills your days right up... oh, I know a lovely little town in FL :) Thanks for a great laugh, Justin and I both needed that one !! You da best!!

Gina said...

This post made me laugh a little too after I wrote it. I decided I would be ok about laughing at my own writing! Glad I was able to provide some laughs, that always makes me happy!!