Thursday, August 27, 2009

Fun with Light

I have been enjoying my photography class although not getting to participate as much as I had hoped. I have been pouring over my lessons though and taking some time to play. My latest lesson was all about light. I took a few shots playing with the different features of my camera. Although I don't see myself shooting in blue too much I just love this picture of Rebecca:
It's been interesting to see how different colors work with different skin tones. Reagan cannot do the sepia tone pictures. It just makes her look ill. Its the same for Ron. I think it is their intense olive color skin. However, Ryan can't do black and white as well but seems to thrive in the sepia tone colors:
It seems the onslaught of puberty has hidden Reagan's smile more than it reveals it but I did get her to tolerate me while I tried to get the "catch lights" in her eyes. When you get this light reflection in the eyes it really puts life into the picture. After I showed her a few of her Eeyore pictures I was able to get this smile with the lovely catch lights in her pretty eyes:

No comments: