Thursday, August 27, 2009

Another Milestone


I took the girls back to school shopping last week. They did really well and we had lots of fun. This is a first for us when it comes to shopping. At any rate, it was time to get Rebecca new shoes for school. However, she is out grown the Velcro phase and all we could find is tie shoes. She didn't know how to tie them so I told her she could learn or I could double knot them in the morning and she'd be set. So we bought the shoes. Two days later Rebecca comes to me and tells me she is ready to learn. As Rebecca's mom I have learned to wait for her to be ready to learn something. Once she is ready then the teaching can commence with little frustration on either part. I was not prepared though for how quickly she would catch on to this skill. after a few tries she had it figured out!

Rebecca makes the "X" and step one is complete!

Now it's time to make the bow.




It's finally time to pull it tight!

With that she is ready to show off her great work!! I am so proud of her.

No comments: