Thursday, July 24, 2008

Eight Years Old!

Is it possible that Reagan is 8? I was always told that kids grow up fast, but wow, I never imagined it would go this quick!! There are moments in each day where I try to remember extra hard, but I am pretty sure time will erase a certain look or a laugh or a comment that Reagan makes. She is so thoughtful and silly and just plain fun. When Reagan picks out a gift for someone she always knows exactly what they will love. It's a gift that she has or I guess she just pays attention although that's a little bit of a stretch for me to imagine! LOL Like all kids Reagan has issues that she is learning and growing through, but sometimes she does something or says something that gives me a glimpse of what an amazing girl she is. She writes the best little stories and her illistrations are so amazing. I am so glad God picked me to be her mom. I swear I learn more from her than she does from me. She has patience like I have never seen. She can talk Rebecca right out of a hystercial fit and encourage just about anyone to do something they think they can't. I sure hope I don't mess this mom thing up, because I have been blessed with a wonderful daughter in Reagan. For her birthday I wanted to make her a cake that would be special for her. Horses and lots of colors are her favorite thing so here is what I came up with. I had to keep adding words around the sides because I didn't space it right. At the end it said...Happy Birthday To You Reagan 8! LOL Almost had to write the whole darn song! A big thanks to Nana who helped me pick the right colors and gave me priceless ideas...some we had to scrap because she appearanlty thinks I have abilities that I don't possess!! LOL. We also did an art party with Reagan's friends. You have to love 8 year old girls. To quote Ron, "this is the calmest birthday party I have EVER seen!" It was really fun. The girls painted chests, did sand art bottles, made a bracelet, and colored wood dolls. To top it all off they got to build their own Sundae with all kinds of candy and all the cherries they wanted!! It was a super fun day and I am so glad I got to bless Reagan! Happy Birthday, I couldn't love you more!!! This picture totally catches Reagan's personality. She is going to be the life of the party some day!!!

No comments: