Wednesday, September 9, 2009

History Repeats Itself

School lunches are always a fun and passionate subject around our house. I think almost all of us can remember our school lunches and not appreciate all of them. I for one can remember egg salad sandwiches and my dear mother not caring how terrible it smelled by the time I got to lunch time. I can also remember tossing my lunch and a special squirrel God picked out just for me to dig it out of the garbage. Yes I got in trouble but that is a story for another day. Ron's passion lies in the peanut butter and jelly sandwiches his mom made for him. His working, tired mom that slaved over these sandwiches, filled with love I might add, for her teenage son. (see mom, I've got your back!) Ron insists that every day his mom would make his sandwich and then squish the bread together with her hand. I have heard that his mother has no recollection of this. Anyway, by the time he would get to lunch it would be all mushy and seeping through the bread. I would like to present exhibit A:

This is the peanut butter and jelly sandwich that Ron made for Rebecca this morning. This is the sandwich she found at lunch and could not get herself to even try to eat it. Clearly the apple did not fall far from the tree! Ron insists that he did not smash it but does admit that maybe he put a little too much jelly on the sandwich. I whole heartily agree!!

No comments: