Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Great Love

I am in a Bible Study called "Lies Women Believe." One of the things they were talking about was why on Earth would God allow Eve to eat the fruit or put the serpent in the garden knowing the end result. I know why I believe what I believe but I have always had trouble explaining this part. Why would God create people if He already knew what they were going to do. Tonight I get it. God knows the beginning and the end so He did know that His own creation would reject Him. So He already had a plan of Salvation in place. How great is His love for us that even though He already knew Adam and Eve would choose the knowledge of Evil over their relationship with God, He created them anyway and put our lives into motion. He took that rejection and subsequent rejection for the love and relationship of the rest of us. Amazing. That is deep love. So Adam and Eve reject Him and break that relationship with God and so God sends Jesus. Jesus is rejected and put to death to pay for everything I do wrong before I am even created. Why? To restore relationship with me one day and to be able to lavish me with His love. All He asks in return is that I acknowledge His work on the cross and live my life for Him. Which is in reality a life full of blessing. All of this just to know me and so I can know Him personally. I am so glad that He would take that rejection over and over again and created us anyway. Welcome to the Joy and miracle of the Easter season.

No comments: