Tuesday, December 9, 2008

The Blue Nothing

Communication...it's vital to everyday life. Today was no different than any other day blessed with a child learning to talk. Ryan is learning to tattle. It's really annoying when Rebecca does it because she lives to tell on everyone. She trys to stop but it's like her calling in life and I believe she may need an intervention soon. However, this is new for Ryan and it makes me laugh when I hear from the other room..."I tell mom!" and I hear the pounding of little feet in my direction. "Mommy, Becca crapping" um..what?! "Becca Crapping, I say stop!" Oh well, now I am certainly feeling the need to investigate. Instead of asking Rebecca if she is indeed "crapping" (and when did we start using that word?) I simply ask what is going on. Turns out she was CLAPPING and has since stopped doing so. Well, Whew, and the fact that I was even worried about what that meant should tell you something! Then there is the "Blue Nothing." That came out nice and clear, but what on Earth does it mean? After several guesses and Ryan continuing to say, "blue nothing" I finally follow my own rule and actually look where he is pointing...oh...Blueberry Muffin! LOL I just love this stage and it helps that he is so unbelievably sweet. The other stages are fun too, don't get me wrong, but there isn't anything quite like the Blue Nothing.

No comments: