Thursday, October 1, 2009

Camping

Reagan is going camping tomorrow night with her scouting program. Thankfully my Dad has camped in a tent before and gave me some advice of how to keep her warm. It has been quite chilly here at night so I am hoping it works. She will earn about 6 badges this weekend which is awesome for her, not so great for me. That means I have to sew them all on the vest. Ugh. However, I think I am going to find that boy scout store because they are smart and have this super sticky stuff just for badges. No sewing!! I am sure that will look about a million times better as I am a terrible sewer. I hope to hear some good stories from Reagan when she returns. I cannot go because I and Ron have to work at one time or another. I am trying to be super sad about that, but my version of camping has a camper in it with a bed and heat for heaven sakes. I seriously need to pull my camera out. It has been ages since I have posted anything with any pictures. I have been a little stressed lately and I think it's coming out in my posts!! I promise some more light hearted stuff soon.

On a totally unrelated note, Rebecca has been scared to death to eat in the cafeteria at school. It's been a couple of weeks that she hasn't been eating her lunches. She had herself so worked up that she couldn't eat anything. Well we partnered with her teacher and I went and had lunch with the other day. She was right it is loud in there. However, we were able to look at the situation piece by piece and come up with some tangible solutions to make it less scary. Today she came home, had a great lunch, wasn't scared at all. Thank goodness for teachers that work with parents! I know I couldn't have done it alone and I am blessed to have such a great teacher for Rebecca. She has gone out of her way to help Bec work this out. I have a debt of gratitude to Mrs. Flynn!! Hopefully I am not celebrating too soon. I am just so thankful that she ate today. I have been so stressed out trying to figure out how to help her. God has given amazing wisdom to us and to her teacher and a fantastic amount of grace and courage to Rebecca.

One more unrelated note. I am potty training Ryan. pray for me....

No comments: